The CRA Trainer: An Interactive Companion to The CRA’s Guide to Monitoring Clinical Research
The CRA’s Guide to Monitoring Clinical Research is the go-to resource of the trial monitor, training clinical trial professionals for more than 15 years.
But book learning doesn’t work for everyone, and CRA trainers need more options for a comprehensive, educational tool.
Introducing The CRA Trainer, a new online course and companion to The CRA’s Guide that offers practical exercises, mini-quizzes and real-world scenarios to help guide the trainee through the lessons presented in the book and apply them on their daily job:
- Familiarize yourself with the roles, responsibilities and important personality characteristics of an effective CRA
- Assess clinical trial regulatory history and current rules
- Critically evaluate the research process from the lab to the trial to trial closeout
- Get a sense of roles and responsibilities of IRBs and Data Safety Monitoring Boards
- Identify the principles and challenges of informed consent
- Understand study design and statistical analysis
- Find out more about adverse events and safety monitoring
- Evaluate quality management and prepare for audits
- Learn to identify fraud, mistakes and errors
The course consists of six individual modules that break the information in The CRA’s Guide into easily readable chunks:
- Module 1: CRA roles and responsibilities, regulatory history and compliance, principles of good clinical practice
- Module 2: The clinical research process, device and biologics trials, globalization, IRBs and data safety monitoring boards
- Module 3: Informed consent, preparing for a study, clinical investigators
- Module 4: Study initiation, study monitoring, adverse events and safety monitoring, recruitment, retention and compliance
- Module 5: Study closeout, quality management, audits, errors and misconduct, the future for CRAs
- Module 6: Final Exam — review and test on the previous five modules
Each module takes 20-30 minutes to complete. A certificate of completion is awarded to those who pass the post-course assessment, which may be submitted to the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) for self-reported continuing education units toward maintenance of their professional certifications.*
Whether you are an individual who wants to move up to a career in trial monitoring, an experienced CRA who needs to stay on top of developments in the profession or a trainer preparing groups of trainees to take on the job of CRA, The CRA Trainer is an invaluable tool for gaining — and proving — mastery of the job.
Who Will Benefit
- Clinical trial sponsors
- Academic research centers
- Contract research organizations
- Clinical trial service organizations
- Clinical trial professionals who would like to transition to a career in trial monitoring
- Directors of research and clinical operations
- Trial monitor trainers
- Experienced CRAs looking to advance their careers
*Successful completion of this program has been approved for a total of 3.00 self-reported contact hours of research-specific continuing education on applications for Maintenance of ACRP’s CCRC®, CCRA®, CPI®, or ACRP-CP® certification designations.
Add to Cart
The eLearning Package includes access for one user to The CRA Trainer on the CenterWatch Training Center and a softcover copy of The CRA's Guide to Monitoring Clinical Research.
Take advantage of our site licenses of The CRA Trainer, so you’ll have the most-informed CRA's! Contact James DeFalco, Sales Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 703.538.7638 to receive a custom quote.