Center InformationEBGS Clinical Research Center
1800 Tree Lane, Suite 350
Snellville, GA 30078
Currently Enrolling Trials
EBGS Clinical Research Center is dedicated to advancing healthcare and enhancing patient’s health outcomes with a primary focus on conducting cutting-edge clinical trials globally. Our Clinical Research Center is uniquely equipped to conduct research across multiple specialties due to the diverse expertise of our highly skilled team of researchers, physicians, and healthcare professionals. Equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and advanced technologies, we provide a conducive environment for conducting rigorous research studies while maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct and patient safety. Our commitment to excellence extends beyond the conﬁnes of our institution, as we actively engage in collaborations with leading academic institutions, industry partners, and regulatory agencies to accelerate the translation of research ﬁndings into clinical practice. By fostering collaboration, embracing innovation, and adhering to evidence-based medicine, our Clinical Research Center endeavors to revolutionize healthcare and inspire hope for patients worldwide.
- Long-term Safety and Efficacy of Semaglutide s.c. Once-weekly on Weight Management in Children and Adolescents (Aged 6 to <18 years) with obesity or overweight< li>
- Trial Phase: Phase III
- Principal Investigator: Aliu Sanni, MD, FACS Sponsor: Novo Nordisk A/S
- Duration: July 7, 2023 - January 15, 2027
- Objective: The study aims to test the efficacy of semaglutide s.c. on weight loss for children and adolescents in conjunction with multidisciplinary lifestyle counseling via comparison of change of BMI from end of treatment to baseline.
- A Randomized, Double - Blind, Double Dummy, Parallel Group, Multicenter Variable Length Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of PT010 Relative to PT009 and Symbicort® in Adult and Adolescent Participants With Inadequately Controlled Asthma
- Trial Phase: Phase III
- Principal Investigator: Aliu Sanni, MD, FACS Sponsor: AstraZeneca
- Duration: March 1, 2021 - March 21, 2025
- Objective: The study aims to assess the efficacy and safety of budesonide, glycopyrronium, and formoterol fumarate metered dose inhaler (MDI) relative to formoterol fumarate MDI and Symbicort pressurized MDI in adult and adolescent participants with inadequately controlled asthma.
- Efficacy and Safety of GMRx2 (a Single Pill Combination Containing Telmisartan/Amlodipine/Indapamide) Compared to Placebo for the Treatment of Hypertension
- Trial Phase: Phase III
- Principal Investigator: Aliu Sanni, MD, FACS Sponsor: George Medicines PTY Limited Duration: June 6, 2021 - August 21, 2023
- Objective: To investigate the effiacy and safety of GMRx2 compared to placebo for the treatment of hypertension.
- Effiicacy and Safety of GMRx2 (a Single Pill Combination Containing Telmisartan/Amlodipine/Indapamide) Compared to Dual Combinations for the Treatment of Hypertension
- Trial Phase: Phase III
- Principal Investigator: Aliu Sanni, MD, FACS Sponsor: George Medicines PTY Limited Duration: June 26, 2021 - July 31, 2023
- Objective: To investigate the effiacy and safety of GMRx2 compared to dual combinations for the treatment of hypertension
- A Phase 2, Randomized, Double-Blinded, Placebo Controlled, Parallel Group Study Evaluating the Effiicacy and Safety of Amiselimod (MT-1303) in Subjects With Mild to Moderate Ulcerative Colitis (UC)
- Trial Phase: Phase III
- Principal Investigator: Aliu Sanni, MD, FACS Sponsor: Bausch Health Americas, Inc.
- Duration: September 29, 2021 - October, 2023
- Objective: assess the effiacy and safety of oral MT-1303 compared to placebo at 12 weeks as the induction treatment in subjects with active mild to moderate ulcerative colitis (UC), as well as maintenance treatment with open-label MT-1303 for up to 36 weeks
- Effiicacy and Safety Investigation of NNC0194-0499 Co-administered With Semaglutide in Subjects With Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis: a Dose-ranging, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Trial Phase: Phase III
- Principal Investigator: Aliu Sanni, MD, FACS Sponsor: Novo Nordisk A/S
- Duration: August 31, 2021 - 12 March, 2025
- Objective: This study aims to see if a combination of 2 medicines (called NNC0194-0499 and semaglutide) can reduce liver damage in patients with nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). The study also looks at a combination of semaglutide and another weight-loss medicine called NNC0174-0833, which may be another treatment option for NASH
- Pain Management Lupus
- Primary Biliary Cholangitis Colonic Polyps Rheumatoid Arthritis Crohn’s Disease Constipation
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome GERD
- Overactive Bladder Hypertension Inﬂuenza
- PK Samples Gastrointestinal Diseases Bowel Dysfunction Diverticulitis
- Essential Thrombocythemia Acute Gastroenteritis Cholestasis
- Anemia Hemorrhoids
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Surgical outcomes of bariatric surgery
- The effect of bariatric surgery on satiety hormones (ghrelin)
- Developing and improving educational opportunities for medical students and surgery residents using standardized teaching curriculums.
- The role of simulation (FLS/ FES) in surgical education.
- Research Project: Use of kidneys with small renal tumors for renal transplantation Principal Investigator: Aliu Sanni
- Co-Investigator: Professor David Talbot
- Research Grant Sponsor: Northern Counties Kidney Research Fund (NCKRF) Grant: $54,271
- Professional Appointments:
- Attending Surgeon in Bariatric & General Surgery, Eastside Medical Center Attending Surgeon in General Surgery, Gwinnett Medical Center
- Medical Director, Department of Metabolic & Bariatric Comprehensive Center of Excellence (MBSAQIP), Eastside Medical Center
- Clinical Professor of Surgery, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine-Georgia Campus Associate Professor of Surgery, Medical College of Georgia/Augusta University
- Education and Training:
- Medical Degree (MD)
- Research Fellow in Department of Surgery & Reproductive Sciences
- Residency in General Surgery
- Fellowship in Minimal Invasive Surgery/Bariatric Surgery
- Manuscript reviewer: European Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery 2006- Present
- Honors and Awards:
- Poster of Exceptional Merit & Press Release (2016), American College of Surgeons Meeting Best Clinical Research Presentation (2014), Department of Surgery, Emory University Hospital Golden Apple Teaching Award (2013), Department of Surgery, SUNY Downstate Medical Center Posters of Distinction (2007), European Society of Transplantation Annual Meeting, Prague.
- Posters of Distinction (2007), American Transplant Congress, San Francisco
- Outstanding Resident Teacher Award (2005), Department of Surgery, Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals
- Research Focus and Achievements:
- Dr. Sanni has made signiﬁcant contributions to the ﬁeld of surgery through his research endeavors. His areas of expertise include:
- Bariatric surgery outcomes
- Impact of bariatric surgery on satiety hormones
- Teaching and Mentoring:
- Dr. Sanni's commitment to medical education is evident through his roles as a Clinical Professor of Surgery and Associate Professor of Surgery. He actively engages in mentoring and guiding research projects, fostering the development of future surgeons. Notable areas of mentorship include:
- Outcomes of bariatric surgery in different populations Laparoscopic procedures
- Pregnancy following bariatric surgery
- Clinical outcomes of various surgical techniques
- Recognition and Awards:
- Dr. Sanni has received numerous honors and awards for his outstanding research and teaching efforts. These accolades highlight his dedication and commitment to advancing surgical care.
- Publications and Presentations:
- Dr. Sanni has an extensive bibliography of research papers, showcasing his contributions to the ﬁeld of surgery. He also participates in academic events, delivering presentations.
- Secure and conﬁdential data storage facilities, adhering to privacy and data protection regulations Comprehensive set of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for conducting clinical studies
- Staff trained in Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines and other relevant trainings/certiﬁcations
- Capabilities in conducting clinical trials in Phases II, III, and IV
- Versatile spaces that can be adapted to meet speciﬁc study requirements
- Collaboration with private practice clinics, local healthcare institutions, and academic partners for diverse patient recruitment and advance medical facilities
- Located in Snellville, a suburb area, enabling recruitment of a diverse patient population previously overlooked
- Welcomed and Comfortable Environment Ability to use Central IRB
- Electronic Data Capture (EDC) complete within 24 hours of visit completion Dedicated regulatory document specialists
- Patient recruitment program
- Access to Certiﬁed Endoscopy Center and Imaging Facilities Onsite secured climate-controlled drug and records storage
- Emergency medications and CPR certiﬁed staff
Past Research Experience
Clinical Trial Unit:
Our research center is proud to house a state-of-the-art Clinical Trial Unit, speciﬁcally designed to provide a comfortable and conducive environment for participants throughout their study journey. Our unit encompasses a range of features and amenities to ensure that patients' visits are as comfortable as possible.
The Clinical Trial Unit comprises modern and well-equipped exam rooms that are thoughtfully designed to create a welcoming and calming atmosphere. These rooms are furnished with comfortable seating, ensuring that participants feel at ease during their appointments. Our dedicated team of compassionate and experienced healthcare professionals ensures that participants receive personalized care and attention, addressing any concerns or questions they may have.
To facilitate effective communication and collaboration, our Clinical Trial Unit is equipped with conference rooms that are equipped with state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment. These rooms provide a professional setting for research team meetings, discussions, and educational sessions. The audiovisual equipment enhances presentations and ensures seamless communication, allowing for effective knowledge sharing among investigators, research staff, and sponsors.
We understand the importance of streamlined administrative processes to ensure the smooth conduct of clinical trials. For this reason, our Clinical Trial Unit is equipped with eﬃcient administrative oﬃces. These oﬃces are staffed by our dedicated administrative team, who work diligently to handle the necessary paperwork, documentation, and logistics associated with each study. Their expertise and attention to detail help to streamline the administrative aspects of the research process, allowing participants to focus on their care and study participation.
At our Clinical Trial Unit, we prioritize patient comfort and satisfaction. We have taken great care to design the space to be welcoming and patient-centric, considering factors such as natural lighting, comfortable seating, and calming aesthetics. We strive to create an environment that fosters a positive experience for participants, making their visits to our research center as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
Our center also includes specialized laboratory facilities, allowing for eﬃcient sample processing, analysis, storage, and shipment. Equipped with advanced instrumentation and adhering to strict quality control measures such as temperature monitoring, our laboratory ensures reliable and precise measurements for laboratory-based studies.
In addition, our laboratory has obtained Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) certiﬁcates, demonstrating our commitment to maintaining the highest standards of quality, accuracy, and compliance in laboratory operations. These certiﬁcates validate our adherence to stringent protocols, documentation, and quality assurance processes, providing our sponsors with the assurance that our laboratory meets the highest industry standards.
To further enhance our laboratory capabilities, we have established a strategic partnership with LabCorp, a global leader in laboratory testing and diagnostics. Through this collaboration, we have access to an extensive range of specialized tests and assays, as well as the expertise of LabCorp's network of experienced pathologists and scientists. This partnership enables us to offer a comprehensive suite of laboratory analysis services, ensuring that even the most complex biomarker assessments and genetic analyses can be conducted with precision and reliability.
At our clinical research center, we understand the importance of a dedicated pharmacy facility in ensuring the safe and eﬃcient management of investigational drugs and study medications. We maintain compliance with all applicable laws and regulations governing the handling, storage, and dispensing of investigational drugs. Our pharmacy strictly adheres to regulatory guidelines and best practices in drug management. We follow stringent procedures to maintain the integrity and security of study medications, ensuring that they are stored under appropriate conditions to preserve their effiacy and safety. Our pharmacy facilities are equipped with temperature-controlled storage units and monitoring systems to maintain optimal conditions for drug storage. Each investigational drug or study medication is carefully documented and tracked throughout its lifecycle, from receipt to dispensing and administration. This meticulous documentation ensures traceability and accountability, allowing for accurate record-keeping and eﬃcient inventory management.
Conﬁdential data storage facilities:
In addition, our research center is equipped with secure and conﬁdential data storage facilities. To comply with relevant privacy and data protection regulations, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), we have established robust policies and procedures. These include strict access controls, role-based permissions, and data anonymization protocols. Only authorized personnel with a legitimate need to access the data are granted permissions, and all access activities are logged and monitored to maintain an auditable trail.
Our commitment to data privacy extends beyond technological measures. We ensure that all staff members involved in research activities undergo rigorous training on data protection, conﬁdentiality, and ethical considerations. This training equips our team with the necessary knowledge and awareness to handle participant information responsibly and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
Dr. Aliu Sanni, MD, FACS
Dr. Aliu Sanni is a highly accomplished surgeon and esteemed investigator at our clinical research center. With a proven track record of excellence and a passion for advancing medical knowledge, Dr. Sanni brings extensive expertise and mentorship to our team.
With his unwavering commitment to patient care, research advancements, and medical education, Dr. Aliu Sanni is a valuable asset to our clinical research center. His expertise and dedication continue to drive our mission of improving healthcare outcomes.
Staff qualiﬁcations and trainings:
At our clinical research center, we prioritize the continuous professional development and expertise of our staff members. All study staff and investigators are required to complete and maintain Basic Human Subjects, Responsible Conduct for Research, and Good Clinical Practice training through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI). This comprehensive training program ensures that our team is well-versed in the ethical principles, regulatory requirements, and best practices necessary for conducting research involving human subjects.
In addition to GCP and CITI training, our staff members undergo regular professional development activities to stay abreast of the latest advancements in clinical research, regulatory updates, and emerging best practices. We foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement, empowering our team to deliver high-quality research outcomes.
To further ensure the highest quality of research, we have established a comprehensive set standard operating procedures (sops) that outline standardized processes and protocols for conducting clinical studies. these sops cover wide range areas, including study initiation, participant recruitment enrollment, data collection management, adverse event reporting, closeout procedures. our are regularly reviewed, updated, aligned with latest industry standards regulatory guidelines. < p>
Our location in Snellville, a vibrant suburb, provides us with a unique advantage in patient recruitment and diversity. While urban centers often attract attention for clinical research, we recognize the untapped potential of suburban areas. Snellville, with its diverse population and growing community, offers an opportunity to engage with individuals who may have been previously overlooked in clinical trials.
By being situated in this suburban setting, we have access to a diverse patient population representing a wide range of ages, ethnicities, socio-economic backgrounds, and medical conditions. This diversity is crucial for ensuring that our research ﬁndings are applicable to a broader population and can be translated into meaningful healthcare interventions.
Our presence in Snellville allows us to reach patients who may not have convenient access to large academic centers or urban healthcare facilities. By bringing clinical research opportunities closer to their homes, we remove geographical barriers and make participation more accessible and convenient for individuals residing in the surrounding communities.
We are actively engaged in community outreach initiatives and work closely with local healthcare providers, community organizations, and advocacy groups to spread awareness about the importance of clinical research and the opportunities available at our center. Through these collaborations, we foster a sense of trust and encourage participation from individuals who may have previously been underrepresented in research studies.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion extends beyond patient recruitment. We strive to create a welcoming and comfortable environment for all participants during their visits to our clinic. Our dedicated staff ensures that every individual is treated with respect, compassion, and individualized care. We prioritize patient comfort by providing well-equipped examination rooms, conference rooms for consultations and discussions, and utilizing audio-visual equipment to enhance communication and education throughout the research process.Recruitment & Retention
Recruitment and retention outcomes are paramount in every clinical research study, and our research center excels in delivering exceptional results in these areas. Our expertise and resources make us an ideal choice for sponsors seeking optimal recruitment and retention rates.
In addition to having access to the patients in our clinic, we have established collaborative partnerships with a network of reputable clinics and hospitals, enabling us to access a diverse patient population for our studies. Our connections with various healthcare institutions, including private practice clinics and renowned hospitals, allow us to tap into different specialties such as primary care, pulmonology, cardiology, ophthalmology, and more.
These collaborations play a vital role in our participant recruitment efforts, as they provide us with access to a broad and representative range of patients. By leveraging these partnerships, we can eﬃciently identify and enroll eligible participants for studies across various therapeutic areas. This diverse patient population contributes to the robustness and generalizability of our research ﬁndings, as it encompasses individuals from different demographics, medical backgrounds, and geographic locations.
At our research center, we have established an extensive network of collaborations with third-party recruitment campaigns that specialize in participant outreach. These campaigns employ targeted strategies and leverage a wide range of recruitment channels to reach diverse patient populations. By partnering with these campaigns, we have the ability to tap into a vast pool of potential participants, ensuring a robust and representative study population.
Our partnerships with renowned local healthcare institutions, such as Piedmont Eastside Hospital, and academic partners like the Medical College of Georgia, provide us with access to cutting-edge facilities and technologies. This includes advanced imaging centers, endoscopy suites, and other specialized equipment that are essential for conducting a wide range of clinical research studies. With these facilities at our disposal, we can cater to the unique requirements of sponsors across various therapeutic areas.
We also place a strong emphasis on participant retention. Our research staff undergoes comprehensive training in participant engagement and satisfaction, enabling them to establish strong connections with study participants. Through open and clear communication, proactive support, and personalized care, we foster an environment that encourages participant commitment and long- term engagement.
In addition to our own patient population and collaborations, our research center has developed a reputation for successful participant recruitment and retention outcomes. Sponsors can rely on our established track record and robust infrastructure to ensure that their studies achieve optimal enrollment and retention rates. By leveraging secure online portals, mobile applications, and other innovative technologies, we facilitate seamless participant interactions, enhancing compliance and overall retention.
Why EBGS CRC?
What We Offer?
Collaboration is a cornerstone of our research center, and we pride ourselves on our extensive network of collaborations with private practice clinics spanning various medical specialties. These partnerships have been forged with clinics specializing in primary care, pulmonology, cardiology, ophthalmology, and many more. By collaborating with these clinics, we ensure access to a diverse and representative patient population, which is essential for conducting studies across a wide range of therapeutic areas.
The close working relationships we have established with these clinics enable us to eﬃciently identify and recruit eligible participants for clinical trials. Our ability to access a diverse patient population through these collaborations enhances the generalizability and applicability of study results, providing valuable insights into the effiacy and safety of investigational treatments across different patient demographics.
We take pride in our extensive network of collaborations with local healthcare institutions and academic partners, which further enhance our capabilities to conduct a wide range of studies. Through our strong connections with healthcare institutions like Piedmont Eastside Hospital, we have access to various facilities, including an advanced imaging center. This imaging center allows us to perform various imaging modalities such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT), positron emission tomography (PET), and ultrasound. The availability of these advanced imaging technologies enables us to perform comprehensive imaging assessments in research protocols, providing valuable insights into the anatomical and functional aspects of participants involved in our studies.
Our collaboration with Piedmont Eastside Hospital extends beyond imaging capabilities. We also have access to their specialized endoscopy unit, equipped with the latest endoscopic instruments and technologies. This allows us to perform a wide range of endoscopic procedures, including gastrointestinal endoscopy, colonoscopy, bronchoscopy, and more. With these advanced endoscopic capabilities, we can incorporate detailed visual assessments and tissue sampling into our research protocols, providing valuable diagnostic and therapeutic insights for a variety of gastrointestinal and respiratory conditions.
In addition to our collaborations with healthcare institutions, our partnerships with academic institutions like the Medical College of Georgia further enhance our research capabilities. These academic aﬃliations provide us with access to specialized expertise, research resources, and a diverse pool of medical professionals and researchers. By leveraging the resources and knowledge offered by our academic partners, we can conduct studies that encompass a wide spectrum of research areas.Trial Phase Capabilities
Our facility is speciﬁcally designed to cater to various trial phases, including Phase II, III, and IV clinical trials. We understand the diverse nature of clinical research and have created a ﬂexible environment that can accommodate different study designs and scales.
For Phase II trials, our facility offers state-of-the-art examination rooms, treatment areas, and monitoring capabilities. These spaces are designed to facilitate the collection of detailed patient data, administer investigational treatments, and closely monitor participant responses. Our dedicated research team, composed of experienced investigators and study coordinators, ensures the seamless execution of Phase II trials, closely adhering to protocol requirements and ensuring participant safety.
When it comes to Phase III trials, our center is well-equipped to handle large-scale, multicenter studies. We have the infrastructure and resources to enroll and manage a signiﬁcant number of participants while maintaining data integrity and study quality. Our facility includes spacious patient recruitment and screening areas, well-equipped laboratory facilities, and dedicated spaces for data management and analysis. With our experienced staff and streamlined processes, we can eﬃciently conduct Phase III trials, contributing valuable data to support the evaluation of investigational interventions.
Additionally, our capabilities extend to Phase IV trials, which focus on post-marketing surveillance and long-term safety monitoring. Our facility provides a conducive environment for long-term follow-up visits and assessments. We have the necessary infrastructure and expertise to collect and analyze data over an extended period, ensuring the robustness and reliability of Phase IV trial results. By actively engaging with participants and maintaining comprehensive follow-up procedures, we contribute to the post-approval evaluation of treatments, ensuring ongoing safety and effectiveness monitoring.
Throughout all trial phases, our facility prioritizes participant comfort and convenience. We have designed adaptable spaces that can be customized to meet speciﬁc study requirements. Whether it involves creating specialized patient treatment areas, implementing advanced imaging technologies, or establishing dedicated sample processing laboratories, we can conﬁgure our facility to suit the unique needs of each clinical research project.
Furthermore, our staff is familiarized with the intricacies of different trial phases and possesses extensive experience in successfully executing trials across these phases. They understand the speciﬁc protocols and requirements associated with each phase and are skilled in maintaining compliance with regulatory guidelines and ethical standards.