Center InformationShivkumar Hatti, MD, MBA
Contact: Meghan Varano
Suburban Research Associates
107 Chesley Dr., Unit 4
Media, PA 19063
1065 Andrew Dr., Unit B3
West Chester, PA 19380
Currently Enrolling Trials
Currently Enrolling Trials
- A Phase 2a, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Clinical Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of MK-1942 Added to Stable Antidepressant Therapy in Participants With Treatment-Resistant Depression
Suburban Research Associates is devoted to providing individualized care and research treatment to our patients. We offer patients the alternative of new advanced treatments while helping the medical research field develop and grow. Our focus is on research for new drugs in the approval process or on medications that are already marketed.
All of our studies are FDA-approved and participation is on a voluntary basis. Each patient is carefully evaluated and monitored to ensure the highest quality of care. At the completion of the study, patients may choose to use our aftercare services, which usually include around three additional months of medication management by our psychiatrist including medication samples.
Our office is conveniently located in Media, a suburb of Philadelphia, in the Chesley Office Campus, offering plenty of free parking with immediate access to I-476, I-95, the Pennsylvania Turnpike and public transportation. As of 2017, we partnered with Human Services, a private, fully licensed, nonprofit community mental health center. This satellite office is located just off Lincoln Highway across from the Paoli/Thorndale train station in Thorndale, Penn.
We specialize in psychiatry and have conducted more than 200 clinical trials since 1999. We take pride in our quick regulatory turn-around time and in our recruitment abilities. Suburban Research Associates is determined to deliver the best quality care to our patients.
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Angelman syndrome
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Binge eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Decreased sexual desire and distress
- Depression with insomnia symptoms
- Depression with anxious distress
- Chronic lower back pain
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder
- Chronic regional pain syndrome
- Essential hypertension
- Fragile X syndrome
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Lyme disease
- Neurodegenerative disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Opioid dependence
- Opioid-induced constipation
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Social anxiety disorder
- Pleasant, comfortable environment
- Temperature-controlled, locked storage
- Phlebotomy-trained staff
- Standard freezer
- -20°C deep freezer
- -80C ultra-low freezer
- ECG equipment (calibration documented)
- Multiple ambient and refrigerated centrifuges (calibration documented)
- Fiberoptic internet connection
- Private monitoring spaces with internet access
- Location two miles from Riddle Memorial Hospital
- Location three miles from Brandywine Hospital
- Quality, timely data
- Proven placebo separation
- SMS text appointment reminders
- Regular GCP training
- Pharmacokinetic sampling expertise
- Pharmacogenetic sampling expertise
- Clinical coordinators at master’s level
- Full-time patient recruitment specialist
- Dedicated regulatory specialist
- Ability to use Central IRB
- Database of over 10,000 patients
- Physician referral network
- Detailed SOPs based on GCP and federal regulations
- Member of CTMS database to prevent duplicate subjects
SRA employs two board-certified psychiatrists.
Shivkumar Hatti, MD
Dr. Hatti is a board-certified general adult psychiatrist and has been practicing in Media, a suburb of Philadelphia, for the past 41 years, conducting pharmaceutical research trials since 1999. As the CEO of Suburban Research Associates, Dr. Hatti has been the principal investigator of over 200 studies.
He graduated from Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital in Mumbai, India, and completed his psychiatric residency at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, where he is currently an assistant clinical professor.
Dr. Hatti is the founding member of the tristate chapter (southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware and New Jersey) of the Indo-American Psychiatric Association (IAPA) and the past president of the national chapter. He is also past president of the American Association of Psychiatric Administrators (AAPA) and the Philadelphia Psychiatric Society. Dr. Hatti was the 2010 recipient of the NAMI Exemplary Psychiatrist Award.
Our site consists of a board-certified psychiatrist, a physician's assistant, two part-time psychologists, five clinical research coordinators, a full-time clinical trial assistant, a clinical site manager, two patient recruitment/marketing specialists, and a regulatory specialist/administrative site manager. All our staff members are trained in good clinical practice to ensure ethical and compliant conduct in clinical trials.